Forum
Post all questions here for Controller problems

TOPIC: VOK + DOF help - stumped

VOK + DOF help - stumped 3 days 9 hours ago #1440

• zebulon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80
It sounds to me like the booster module has been damaged and is putting out the voltage when tested by a meter but can't handle the load the coils are putting on it. My suggestion would be to tie a negative line from your 24v power supply to the common grounding point of your cabinet wiring and run the + side to the + side of your contactors. Connect the - side of the contactors to the board outputs and you're off an running.
I know so much about so little that I could teach you everything there is to know about nothing....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VOK + DOF help - stumped 3 days 8 hours ago #1441

• boslaw
  • Senior Boarder
Confused. Everything on the barebones booster works. 24v contactors, gear motor, knocker are wired to the main board. 24v contactors never work. Gear motor works in ledblinky test but not in tables. Knocker never works. I don't have a 24v power supply - I have a 750w tax power supply.

Assuming I purchase a 24v power supply, how do I solve the knocker and gear motor problem? I also intend to add a shaker motor and I assume that won't work either if it's connected to the main board.

When you say "connect the negative line from the 24v to common ground of cabinet wiring," the common ground would be the black wire coming from my atx power supply?

VOK + DOF help - stumped 3 days 6 hours ago #1442

• boslaw
  • Senior Boarder
I solved the knocker and gear motor issue - my night mode plug was loose on the board. Once I reseated that, knocker and gear motor worked properly. 24v still doesn't work.

I went out and purchased a mean well 24v power supply. I can get the contactors to activate when I just test them with the power supply (no zebs board connection), but I can't figure out how to get them to work with the zebs board/led blinky. I have rewired them every possible way with no success.

without zebs board, I am wiring from the mean well positive to A1 and mean well negative to A2
Attachments:

VOK + DOF help - stumped 3 days 4 hours ago #1443

• boslaw
  • Senior Boarder
FINALLY all working (I'm sure you'll be happy to hear). I rewired the pins at the board for the 7th time - tried upgrading the wire gauge. Maybe my previous crimps were bad. Who knows.

I would still be interested in understanding how to power the 24v using a separate mean well psu along with the zebs main board in case I ever blow the 24v circuit.
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Latest Forum Posts

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information