As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

firmware downgrade

Post V2 Plunger Questions and Requests For Assistance here
Bartkeuppens

firmware downgrade

Post by Bartkeuppens » Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi,

Something went wrong when I upgraded my v2 controller.
Before the upgrade I had the normal pincab icon in the devices screen (with 4 buttons when going into properties) and everything worked almost fine (beside some button assignment).

After the upgrade to 2.4 I have a gamepad icon. Also 20 buttons in the properties and I needed to reconfigure Visual Panball for those buttons.
The biggest problem is that the Z-Axis (= plunger) is no longer working. Calibration does not respond at all.

It seems that the firmware changed the pincab from keyboard emulation to gamepad.
Can I downgrade the firmware back to it's original? Or how can I get the Z-axis to work?

I'm running on a W7 Pro machine.

Thank you

Zebulon
Site Admin

Re: firmware downgrade

Post by Zebulon » Tue May 07, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi,

Sounds like you loaded the gamepad firmware and possibly for the wrong plunger (Standard vs Deluxe) .

A couple of questions:

Which firmware did you download and load? From here or the old forum?

Which plunger do you have? The V2 Standard or Deluxe?

Bartkeuppens

Post by Bartkeuppens » Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer.
We have a 6+ hour timezone difference (Belgium) so I think we can only communicate day by day, but I'm sure we'll manage to fix this issue.

I have a V2 Standard and downloaded the firmware from the old forum.
There where multiple downloads and one of them was called 'GamepadPlungerRev2.0' that I might have installed (not sure anymore). Although I tried the 'V2 Standard Keyboard R2_3' installation afterwards, but that did not reverse the gamepad firmware.

For testing I connected the pincad to another machine and of course it was not recognized.
After updating only the "PinCab Driver.inf" driver (no firmware), the pincab was also displayed as a gamepad in the 'devices and printers', with the 20 buttons in the properties.

So, I do think I have the gamepad firmware loaded into the pincab.

How can I reverse back to keyboard firmware or get the Z-axis to work?

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Sorry, still haven't got the email settings correct for notification yet. Just saw this.

I'll post the 2.4 version in a few minutes in the firmware forum, download that and install it.

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Nevermind, it's already there.

download from this post on this board ..... viewtopic.php?f=43&t=10

Bartkeuppens

Post by Bartkeuppens » Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi,

WhenI install the new driver, it still comes up as a gamepad in devices. When I upgrqde the firmware, following the readme file, I cannot see the Arduino Bootloqder COMXX as a non present device.
I already tried changing the System32 directory into SysWOW64 (as I have a 64bit machine) and run the SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 again, but without success.

If I run the "RunMe" I can see that the settings for COM3 (= PinCab) are installed, but for the other COM it won't work, because I do not know the COM port.

The only thing I notice when showing the hidden devices it a new drop down list with a "Pro Micro 5V" device underneath. When I go into settings of that device as says:
"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I do not know if that has something to do with the Arduino.

Is there another way to find/detect the COM port of the Arduino?

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Mon May 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Use the pro micro com port and it should go in.

Bartkeuppens

Post by Bartkeuppens » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi,

Whatever usb port I connect the PinCab in, I cannot see or detect the pro micro com port. It does not show up anywhere.
I only see the Pincab on COM3. I already tried to set the Arduino on COM4 (and higher) but no succes.

Any other suggestion?

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Sat May 18, 2019 11:03 am

open the device manager in windows and unplug the plunger. Plug it back in and see what com port appears briefly and then disappears.

Bartkeuppens

Post by Bartkeuppens » Wed May 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi,

Somehow (after a lot of trial and error) I got the normal keyboard back in the controller (and 4 buttons in the controller properties)

Just one issue that I cannot solve. If I open the properties qnd pull the plunger back, I also see the X and Y move in a linear diagonal way. I can see in the raw data for the X-axis in that it is -52 in rest and the Y-axis is 77. Z-axis is. Z-axis is going from 45 (normal position) and 127 pulled out.

When I open VP without setting a deadzone the table is contiously nudging. With the dead zone set to 5% the nudging only occurs when I pull back the plunger.

What did I miss?