As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

FX3 Menu Scrolling

Post V3 Plunger Questions and Requests For Assistance here
studlygoorite

FX3 Menu Scrolling

Post by studlygoorite » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to setup xpadder or x360ce with Zebsboards v3 to be able to move left and right through FX3's menus on my cabinet?

Also, when I go into the Zebs game controller properties the "Test" buttons don't do anything when I hit a button on my cabinet (are they not supposed to light up so I can identify whats what? When the plunger is pulled the Z Axis and Rotation move, all is good there.

Note that all buttons on cabinet and plunger work fine on Visual Pinball, though I still have not been able to dial in nudge and tilt, even with the latest firmware.

Thanks

Zebulon
Site Admin

Re: FX3 Menu Scrolling

Post by Zebulon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:10 am

You don't need xpadder or anything, just switch the plunger from keybaord mode to gamepad using the serial commands.

The buttons in the gamepad control panel applet only work as gamepad buttons in gamepad mode, otherwise they are keystrokes and don't show up as button presses.

All of this is covered in the user manual .... ext/dmzx/fileupload/files/3671fe9144a88 ... 9006c1.pdf

studlygoorite

Post by studlygoorite » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Well thank you very much for the reply. I bought this cabinet pre-assembled so I am learning as I go. I'ts starting to make sense now after reading through several times :) I have Pinup Popper as a front end and the instructions are for PinallX, to enable game pad mode for FX3 would I put the ZBGP.bat file in Popper's "Launch Script" of FX3 and put the ZBKB.bat file in the close script in order to get back to normal (keyboard) mode for VPX?

That's all I want it to do, switch to game pad mode for FX3 and back to keyboard mode for Visual Pinball VPX. And what of the .vbs files?

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:17 am

That sounds about right, I've never used popper myself so I'm not 100% on it but what you describe sounds like it should work.

The difference between the bat files and the vbs files is that the bat files aren't hidden. When you run one it will open and close a command box. The vbs file just runs the bat file in a hidden manner so that you don't get the command box on the screen.

studlygoorite

Post by studlygoorite » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm

I now have it working perfectly thank you. Just using the .bat files did not create the affect I wanted though and I had to use xpadder to assign the buttons correctly, unless there was another way. I had already purchased xpadder and it did make setting the buttons very easy. Now to try and dial in nudge (with VPX) as just turning the nudge dial clockwise a fraction or all the way up with tilt all the way down, still tilts the game when I nudge no matter what setting VP has. Thanks