As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

V3 plunger stops working once cabinet is assembled

Post V3 Plunger Questions and Requests For Assistance here
parsonsaj

V3 plunger stops working once cabinet is assembled

Post by parsonsaj » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:15 am

I have a V3 plunger kit which worked flawlessly straight out of the box when first installed into my cabinet. At the time I still had the screens and other electronics sitting on a table rather than inside the cabinet. The plunger worked perfectly, the nudge/tilt worked great and could be easily adjusted with the dials, and all connected buttons functioned exactly as expected.

However, once I went through the process of putting all the other equipment into the cabinet, I find that the plunger no longer works at all, and the nudge/tilt functions do not work exactly as they should. The launch button still works properly, and it's what I'm in using in the interim to launch the ball until I can figure the plunger thing out.

I'm looking for guidance on how to troubleshoot the plunger part of the problem. I know the board was fine when I first installed it, since the plunger worked spectacularly and seemed to have great sensitivity and was perfectly in sync with my VPX tables. I am concerned that I may have somehow damaged the board during installation of the remainder of the equipment into the cabinet (it's a VERY small 27" playfield cabinet), but I am hoping that somehow there is a setting or configuration change that can be done to get it working again.

Thanks!
Jack