As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

V3 in a tabletop cabinet with VPX

Post V3 Plunger Questions and Requests For Assistance here
webdeck

V3 in a tabletop cabinet with VPX

Post by webdeck » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:04 am

I installed a new V3 plunger into a tabletop cabinet. The cabinet's panels are only 1/2 inch thick, so I added a 1/4 inch plywood piece when attaching the plunger. I also had to lower the bottom part of the plunger (the part with the circuit board) by 1/16 to 1/8 inch because the plunger was too tight and wouldn't spring back. Initially I thought I broke it when the two pieces separated when I pulled back the plunger and it got stock, but then I realized they are two separate 3D printed pieces. There is a bit of give on the bottom piece, where it can wiggle up and down a bit, because it does not sit flush against the inside of the cabinet - it seems to be a bit too short on the back side. I added a shim behind it to keep it from wiggling. Is that wiggling normal?

Everything appears to be connected properly, and I went through the calibration routine described in the manual.

However, all the VPX tables that I tried do not work properly. The plunger on screen pulls back as I pull back the plunger, and when I release the plunger, it springs forward. When the plunger strikes the ball, either the ball doesn't move, or it is a very weak hit and it only moves a little. It is as if the plunger is too short.

If I modify the table's plunger settings by increasing the length by 20, and increasing the power by 100 or so, that usually helps. However, I have to do that for every table individually, which is very time consuming. Also, making the plunger longer looks odd, because now the tip sticks out and when I pull back, the ball falls backwards to settle into the channel.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!