As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

gravity and zeb launch

Post V3 Plunger Questions and Requests For Assistance here
londo

gravity and zeb launch

Post by londo » Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 pm

I just received the repaired v3 plunger.I installed it wired it up plugged into the usb2 turned on the computer it fails to load windows then I do a hard reboot it then goes into windows repair mode and it find nothing to repair then i tell it to restart windows normality and it starts when I start a table the ball goes in the trough and goes to the top of the table and stays and tilts out and other tables its like the table is vertical like a patchinco machine. i installed the driver not much difference. after messing with it a while there seems to be a sweet spot on the nudge control where it will sort of have neutral gravity but the ball still jumps around like popcorn and tilts out the tilt control can be set anywhere and it still jumps around and tilts out the tilt indicator light doesn't show it pulsing the input I even change the tilt bob key from t and it made no difference.I unplugged the controller to try resetting it. I calibrated the controller now the whole table screen looks like like one continuous earth quake the zeb launch function does not seem to work it doesn't register a gp button 2 button press with the #4 plug launch wire plugged into a launch button or grounded out on the card or not wired at all i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

Thanks for your time

Zebulon
Site Admin

Re: gravity and zeb launch

Post by Zebulon » Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Sounds like a usb conflict with something else in the system.

Have you tried it on another computer?

BeJimmietus

gravity and zeb launch

Post by BeJimmietus » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am

I tried the various options for the laptop screen and get the same issue/error. I even tried re-installing and tried the various options for screen size - still no luck.

Are their any other solutions?

path2ground

Post by path2ground » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:20 am

Has there been a resolution to this? I am showing similar symptoms with my v3 3.2plunger. About half the time I launch the ball, the ball acts as if the table is not sloped properly, and the ball could go to the top of the playfield and sit there. If I “wiggle” or move the plunger, the table slope will reorient itself. I do have a LEDWIz and a teensy connected usb, but they don’t seem to be contributing to the issue when I disconnect them. Is there a firmware update that will address this?
Thanks for any help!

Zebulon
Site Admin

Post by Zebulon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:03 am

It's an alignment issue.

Make sure that the plunger is mounted properly, the slider should move back and forth freely without any binding.

Make sure that the plunger body is pushed back fully against the mounting plate and that it isn't sliding forward or back when the plunger is in operation.

Check the alignment of the plunger body to the ball shooter rod, when properly installed there should be 30mm from the very tip of the plunger body to the 1st face of the slider block.

What is happening is that the plunger isn't returning to the correct location after a plunger event and the automatic reset function is zeroing out the x and y axis in the wrong spot.

path2ground

Post by path2ground » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:04 pm

The assembly didn’t seem off, except for a very slight twist; I removed and reinstalled the assembly dead on, and it is working again! Thank you so much for your fast response Zebulon!!