As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

High Power Output Board

Post Questions and Requests For Assistance here
Lizard

High Power Output Board

Post by Lizard » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:03 am

Hi Zeb

I have a question about the high power 24 port Output board. I have built a pinstubby and am only putting 24v contactors and a 24v knocker in. Is it possible to supply the board with 24v instead of 12v to save me adding a 12v volt supply.

Cheers

Zebulon
Site Admin

Re: High Power Output Board

Post by Zebulon » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:36 am

Hi Lizard,

The opto couplers that I use on the boards are 1.5v-20v tolerant (it's actually the transistor on the output side of the coupler that is limited to the 20v). Since I haven't designed in any voltage limiting in the circuit on the transistor side I'd be leery of using 24v on the 12v terminal.

You can however use a dc to dc buck converter to reduce the 24v to 12v or thereabouts which would run the board safely and cost-effectively.

You can find these on amazon or many other online retailers for just a few dollars. You don't need anything more than an amp or two as the whole board would draw under 500ma with all 24 outputs turned on on the input side of the mosfets.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Lizard

Re: High Power Output Board

Post by Lizard » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info Zeb, i have a 12v supply here i will squeeze in somewhere.

Cheers