As I can no longer find the time to combat the continued attacks on the forums they will be closed over the next few weeks. Assistance emails can be sent to support@zebsboards.com however, please be patient as I am currently focused on efforts to get the store functioning properly. Thank you for your understanding.

High Power Output board help

beowulf99

High Power Output board help

Post by beowulf99 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 am

Hi Zeb. Received my High Power Output board recently and have a couple questions. I'm pretty new to electronics in general so please bear with me!

I'd like to hook up a fan to the board and use it through DOF. The fan I'm going to try first is a PC 140mm PWM fan with a four pin connector. For the wiring, I'm guessing it's the ground (-) wire that goes into the output on the board? Just asking because I know there are people using fans with just a 12v and a ground wire, and even though my fan has a PWM input wire, I guess I don't use that with the board?

The other question I had was with the extra diodes that came with the board. Do I need to wire these into the circuit somewhere, in my case specifically or in general?

Thanks!

Zebulon
Site Admin

Re: High Power Output board help

Post by Zebulon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:00 am

Usually the extra 2 pins are signal wires going back to the mainboard to report the fan speed in the computer BIOS. Just use the 12v line and the Negative wire (and yes, the negative wire goes to the output on the board) and you'll be fine.

The extra diodes are included just in case you have something not running on the VOP rail voltage. If you were running a 24v knocker off the board and had 12v going into the VOP then you would remove the diode from the board (already done before shipping on output 12) and install a diode directly on the coil with the striped end facing the 24v supply side.

In the above scenario you wouldn't need diodes on any 12v toys connected to the board.

Thanks again.

beowulf99

Re: High Power Output board help

Post by beowulf99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:35 am

Thanks Z, appreciate it!